Assessment 2 learner response

 1.) Grade C, "www: ...your attempt at analysing the unseen media text was clear just remember to include specific media terminology" 

"next steps: revise strategies for ownership*control, Q4 had a clear argument but you didn't focus on the names theories or include enough examples to support your overall argument. 

2.) I did not mention enough theories and when I did I had not linked them to my actual point, I need to revise actual theories and theorists so that I can link it towards my thinking like taking about conglomerate ownership and diversification.

3.) 3/10. I did not do any active revision. I had however completed all past blog tasks and looked over them in hopes of revising however I do not think I revised enough at all. I also think that I should revise more industries since that seemed to be a weaker spot for me. 

4.) Next time I will focus on memorising different theorists and their theories and how I can link them to my own ideologies and analysis since I didn't get to mention three different benefits that would have improved my grade. 

5.) I did answer the question both regarding the BBC and public commercial broadcasters, however I could have increased my score by clearly stating theories and the links between my argument and those theories.

6.) My overall mark was 11/20 in the forth question; The two step flow model implies that media itself isn't damaging, it is the active and vulnerable audiences who process it and are influenced by it (by people like opinion leaders) who are gullible towards the media. Things like military propaganda would be most useful on a teenage boy who is vulnerable since the army would be presented as a form of escapism. Due to a teenage males vulnerabilities it means he is more pliant to be manipulated by propaganda within the media and conform to how the media wants him as an audience member to react to it. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Media Quiz - first 10 questions

My media consumption

MIGRAIN: Feminist and gender theory